Food and Cuisine
Enjoy home cooked country cuisine prepared by Anné-Lize and her small team of able and enthusiastic assistants (Aletta, Allen, Noleen & Megan). Neels is the meat “chef” on the open fire, unless farm work calls him away. A three course menu is served every evening at the family dining table.
Enjoy local wines of the region, particularly the Robertson and Bonnievale area.
Due to the variety of different cultures in South Africa (English, French, Dutch, Malaysian and African) we can promise you a spread of very interesting dishes such as:
- Butternut Soup (Pumpkin)
- Kappertjie Soup (Nasturtium)
- Pumpkin Fritters with a Caramel Sauce
- Ostrich Fillet
- Bobotie (curried Cape-Malay speciality)
- Mieliepaptert (similar to Italian Polenta)
- Braaibrood (Toasted Sandwiches on the fire – traditionally the Western Cape)
- Cape Brandy Pudding / Tipsy Tart (similar to the English Christmas Pudding, but feather light).
Our sumptuous farm breakfast include : a plate of fruit in season, at least a dozen homemade preserves and jams, freshly baked bread, vetkoek ( a traditional farm fried bread), cereals, yogurt etc, and a choice between ostrich (in season: September – February) and chicken egg and also a choice of pork or ostrich bacon..
Vegetarian catering on request. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions and allergies or preferences when you book to ensure the best eating experience.